Thursday, August 11, 2011

Windows Issue, do i need to reinstall something?

Well, I recently had to restore my computer to factory settings because my baby sister ended up starting the restoration process while I was in the bathroom and now I'm having a few problems. First off certain programs that I thought I'd still have are non existent such as Microsoft word and power point and such, well when I unboxed my laptop it had all these programs and i never had to worry about registering or anything and i've had it for 4 months now so i thought it must have come with the computer permanently but now that i restored it they are all gone -_- that was one of the minor problems though, i can deal with all that. But i was recently trying to change my screen saver and when i clicked "resolution" i got an error message saying that my windows explorer was broken, i realized what that meant and after waiting a sec for the system to retry the process i went to see if i could access the control panel i get the same message, so now I'm a little stuck. I can still use my computer and all but since i can't browse my files convenience is sacrificed and there's no longer a chance of uninstalling programs since i can't even access my control panel (not even through command prompt) I also tried scanning to see if the files were corrupt in command prompt but it didn't detect a problem. Can anyone help? If nothing else a way i can like reinstall a copy of windows explorer or something? My laptop is an HP Inspire with an intel celeron dual processor if any of that stuff helps. I'm also running windows 7 and the browser i use is Opera and i also have Internet Explorer 9 installed

No comments:

Post a Comment