Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How to get an attorney disbarred in Illinois?

About 5 months ago I hired an attorney who seems to have broken every law in the book. I wouldn't of hired her if she had started off that way, but she charged me 5000 flat fee and that was supposed to cover all the "basics" to start off the case. Sure she put in her own terms, and this turned out to be the most dangerous part as they weren't spelled out. It just stated "following (the attorney's terms). One thing that she wanted me to do was hire a private investigator who charged 100/hour and she already knew better that I didn't have much $ to begin with. Not just that but said investigator was to "play the part of federal agents" to gather evidence and testimony related to the case. Then she wanted to leap a few bounds and take the case to Washington which added additional fees. She insulted my profession, which is accountant saying that "all accountants are the black holes of the business world. they are worthless" Furthermore when I explained the case over and over again she stated she understood when her actions stated otherwise. One day she finally decided to give up and withdraw from the case. Stated that it was cause I didn't show up to a meeting with her, but truth be known, that was a real busy week for me at work and I had told her so many times. I don't think that I needed her as a lawyer since I look better defending myself (as opposed to having her) Thing is she made me go thru turmoil, made me have a very unpleasant Christmas and New Years, didn't do anything and ran off with 5000. I never paid her for anything else as I have better judgement. But for this that she did she deserves to be punished

No comments:

Post a Comment